31 January 2012

Modify Circle By Using Path In Illustrator CS5

A few hours ago, I want to join a Freelancer Logo Contest, but I have a trouble with my drawing basic skill. I forget how to cut, split, weld, join, merge, seperate, combine, crop, and trim some objects. I was looking for a match tutorial. Unfortunatelly, there was only tutorial about how to create a basic shape. I almost waste my time, then I remember that if I delete a path, it will remove the line between. Look at the picture below to guide you.

For example, I need to create some spaces on the yellow circle, without create a new object then select the two objects to do trim. I created a circle and coloured the line. Then hold  the Pen Tool on the Toolbar until I saw some Pen Tool option. Select  Add Anchor Point to add some anchor points at the yellow circle like the picture below.



You see that I add three anchor points on the path of circle. It has five blue dots which means the three dots on the red and green circle are the new anchor points. The red circle as the limit of removed line, and the green one is a point which you will delete. Look at the picture below the see more clearly.

As you see, click the dot inside the green circle by using Direct Selection tool. Remember, only keep the dot on the green circle blue and the dots on the red circle become white dots. Then, press Delete from the keyboard. And this is the result.

Did I tell you before that I need a logo to join a Freelancer Logo Contest? Well, after modified, finally this is my logo.

Thank you for reading and wish me luck!

0 Hot Shots: